Since the age of 6 beginning year-round swimming, athletics and wellness have always promoted an active lifestyle. Focusing on the minute details or form/function through human physiology has always been a passion of mine to increase my own athletic prowess, but, after a major shoulder surgery my freshman year of college shattered my athletic career, a new passion was born to spread that knowledge. Utilizing my studies in exercise physiology at East Carolina University, I began to materialize a career in fitness! Working with various fitness franchises and earning a variety of accreditations for personal training and nutrition, I have loved every second of changing lives through fitness! I have realized that everyone has a realignment of priorities through various challenges in life and if I can help keep wellness a priority through those challenges and shifts for YOU, my mission is complete!
What motivated you to become a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- HOTWORX has become my secret weapon for fitness success over the past 2 years and watching my home studio's members grow and change in Wilmington, NC as our General Manager...I knew this was a brand I had to represent! My core value in fitness is efficient functional training and there is absolutely nothing more effective than the time you spend in a HOTWORX sauna!
How was your very first HOTWORX session? Describe the experience.
- Well.....my first session was Hot Core and it definitely humbled me. My prior experience with hot exercise made me nervous about being challenged by the environment itself. However, I had done quite a bit of research on infrared energy so I was eager to experience it for myself. I was surprised how quickly my body acclimated to the heat and my torn labrum pain that usually lingered in the back of my mind didn't seem negatively affected in the heat! (Quick note on the sweat.....MAN there is nothing like how much you sweat, but also how GOOD a genuine cellular level detox FEELS once you’re done). I felt like I not only flushed my system, but challenged myself with postures and positions in such a unique fashion, I was instantly hooked!
What’s your favorite Isometric posture? Why?
- This is tough....As someone who suffers consistently from the tightest hip flexors ever, I am always a fan of Extended Side Angle, BUUUUUUT Pilates Push-Ups will always hold a place in my heart as my favorite challenge!
Which Isometric posture is the most difficult for you? Why?
- Super Warrior will always be difficult, as battling shoulder stability has been a challenge in my exercise journey after some surgeries, but I’ve slowly increased that hold time and I love the extra push for athleticism!
What has been the most rewarding part of being a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- Fitness professionals all speak the same language. We have encountered similar obstacles, yet our style and how we materialize ourselves on screen is so different. It is truly incredibly rewarding to feel and immerse yourself in the creation of such a groundbreaking brand with incredibly diverse professionals.
Can you share a Fun Fact with us?
- I have always felt super connected to music and picking up instruments! I started playing cello in 1st grade, which then sparked my interest into picking up and teaching myself guitar at age 11! I've used music as a way to dive into my workouts and I am 100% the person who gets an extra zip of energy on the beat drop!!!