Fitness was always a passion of mine in the form of sports as a kid, so as I entered college and no longer played sports, the gym soon became my home away from home just as much as my dorm. But it wasn't until I found myself with an added "freshman 12" that I quickly turned my hobby into a mission. Little did I know at the time, that mission of finding my own happiness again would become my career helping others do the same! Within 6 years, I earned a BS in Kinesiology and a MS in Exercise Science along with 10 other nationally accredited certifications. I was well on my way to a lifetime of satisfaction through life changing experiences. Fast forward 16 years, and here I am a wife, mom of 2 to two little men, and I couldn't be happier with my career decision at 19 years old. We all have a START. It may be at different times in our lives, but it's never too late to take care of you and see where the journey takes you!
What motivated you to become a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- I've fallen in love with the concept of HOTWORX since the beginning. As a hot yoga instructor coming from a BIKRAM yoga background, aligned with the training methods and principles and it's actually how I got my start in the hot world of fitness through yoga. Due to my past experiences with filming for Beachbody, when I heard of the HOTWORX VI opportunity, it seemed like a perfect fit for me. I love instructing virtually and I just wanted to offer my passion and energy through the lens of the camera and into the hearts of the HOTWORX members.
How was your very first HOTWORX session? Describe the experience.
- Can you say HUMBLING?! I remember I was with my mom and we chose Hot Yoga. To say the least, we remember staring at each other with "omg" eyeballs holding those postures for 1-2 min each. I always say you're only as in shape as the workout you do....well that was a new enlightening experience! But I loved it!
What’s your favorite Isometric posture? Why?
- My favorite Isometric posture is....umm this took me like 10 min to answer. Usually your favorite is the one you can nail right? But for me it's the one that makes me feel the strongest of most accomplished after. And for that, I'm going to say, Warrior Plank! I know, I know...it's not my favorite to do and to be honest, I have to tap down at times, but man, the feeling when you go 2 seconds longer or you nail the hold!! So rewarding.
Which Isometric posture is the most difficult for you? Why?
- The most difficult posture for me is the BOOMERANG! I'm a girl with tight tight shoulders so asking me to do a chest opener and hold my hands off the ground while lifting chest and lifting legs into a V is DANG HARD for this girl! But I like a challenge so I'll keep working on my chest and shoulder mobility.
What has been the most rewarding part of being a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- The most rewarding part of being a Virtual Instructor is getting to add value to such an amazing existing concept. We all bring a different light and energy to the table. Getting to know the VI team has also been one of the most rewarding experiences! We can all learn from each other and this experience brings so many lessons.
Can you share a Fun Fact with us?
- I SING! I've been a singer since I was a little girl. I always say I traded one stage for another. Maybe that's why fitness is way more than a workout for me, it's an experience. My job is to create an experience!