Ashley Grillot is the founder of Grillot Connections, a Louisiana-based company that creates strategic partnerships between local businesses to help reduce costs and stimulate the local economy. She earned a javelin scholarship to The University of Southern Mississippi where she completed her degree in Marketing and received a Professional Sales Certification. Since then, Ashley has become a Certified Personal Trainer, a national finalist for Miss Health & Fitness 2019, a Nationally Qualified NPC Bikini athlete, and now- your HOTWORX Virtual Personal Trainer!
What motivated you to become a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- I love the HOTWORX concept and wanted to bring a fresh, tangible energy to the workouts! If you don’t know what I’m talking about- go check out my HOT BANDS or the HOT CYCLE workout!
How was your very first HOTWORX session? Describe the experience.
- Hot Yoga was my first HOTWORX session! It was a CHALLENGE and I sweated A LOT. Like a lot, a lot! But I loved it- I left the sauna feeling so refreshed, energized and excited to have 24/7 access to an awesome workout.
What’s your favorite Isometric posture? Why?
- It’s a tie between the Eagle and Pigeon postures. Eagle was a challenging posture for me when I first started Hot Yoga, but I consistently worked on it and improved until it became a favorite. Pigeon is simply an awesome stretch that all of us need, so I appreciate it!
Which Isometric posture is the most difficult for you? Why?
- BUTT PLANK! WHEWW!! I’ve got tight hip flexors- ‘nuff said!
What has been the most rewarding part of being a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- Hands down, the other HOTWORX VIs and my VPT partner have been the best part of this entire journey. We became such a tight-knit community on Day 1, created a tangible energy in the studios, and absolutely had the best time filming the workouts together!
Can you share a Fun Fact with us?
- My HOTWORX VPT partner, Christopher Poirier, broke 3 pairs of bands while I lead the HOT BANDS workout and my calf was cramping for the last 60 seconds of the cool down!