Fitness has always been the foundation of my lifestyle throughout my life. It started with playing every sport I could in my youth. Then it transformed to me wanting to test my physical abilities in activities such as martial arts, Kickboxing and Tae Kwon Do specifically where I’m happy to be called a Champion (Twice actually!). I’m fortunate that I’ve chose fitness as my career because it’s something I enjoy doing every day for seeing how it can make a positive impact in changing someone else’s life as health is a gift that keeps on giving. The certifications I hold represent my desire to be a swiss army-knife of skills as they are within Personal Training, Nutrition, Pre/Post-Natal, & Sports Massage.
What motivated you to become a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- I joke with people that fitness is my life, but it’s accurate. It’s literally the foundation of everything I do. I struggled for years with my own body image, bullying, and diabetes runs in my family among other health issues. Dedicating my life to fitness gave me new purpose. From a career perspective, my success and growth are dependent on the people I’m able to help also succeed in growing a healthy, fit lifestyle. HOTWORX is helping to make a huge impact in the fitness industry and I wanted to be able to be part of this team to continue making an impact in others’ lives.
How was your very first HOTWORX session? Describe the experience.
- My first HOTWORX workout was Hot Cycle and 15 minutes felt more like 50 at times! I felt so good after, I went to do another session! Stepping out of that sauna was so rewarding and refreshing. I couldn’t wait to do it again.
What’s your favorite Isometric posture? Why?
- My favorite isometric posture is the “Warrior 3.” I love a good balance challenge and this exercise is fantastic to work the entire posterior chain and is so good for overall health, strength, mobility, and injury prevention.
Which Isometric posture is the most difficult for you? Why?
- My most difficult isometric posture is definitely the “Warrior Plank.” It’s challenging for not only balance, but also core stability. Add in some infrared sauna heat and my heart rate rises as if I was running.
What has been the most rewarding part of being a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- The most rewarding part of being a Virtual Instructor is to be part of the entire HOTWORX Team and Community. It’s a special group of people who we work with and this is still only the beginning of what HOTWORX will become. I love interacting with members on social media or when they see me in person. It’s really a blessing to be part of it all and to have a front row seat to witness the people that will benefit from this method of training.
Can you share a Fun Fact with us?
- I have competed on the popular TV Show American Ninja Warrior (Season 8)!