Danica is a 500-hour registered yoga instructor, with training in multiple styles of yoga; including vinyasa, yin, restorative, children’s, and pre/post-natal yoga and currently teaches in Birmingham, Alabama. She is the founder and owner of TEMPER Yoga, LLC, a wellness brand focused on private yoga sessions, yoga retreats, and group classes. She has been teaching group fitness for five plus years, having the opportunity to teach in various locations all around the country. She spent the better part of the last decade fashion modeling in Denver, CO, and owns her own clothing boutique. She holds a bachelor’s degree in business and when she isn’t teaching, you can either find her on a spin bike, in the sauna earning the burn, or DIY’ing home improvement projects.
What motivated you to become a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- I have a real passion for teaching and helping people reach their goals, and from the moment I stepped into HOTWORX, I knew this company shared my vibe. I pride myself in always wanting to continue to learn and grow, so that I can serve others and be the best teacher I can be, and by becoming a Virtual Instructor, I knew there would be so much opportunity to grow, learn, share and empower. Being able to offer my services to more people, no matter distance, with the possibility to increase their happiness and healthiness, is such a humbling and honorable experience.
How was your very first HOTWORX session? Describe the experience.
- My first HOTWORX session was Hot Warrior and oh my WOW. I love trying new workouts and ways to challenge my body and HOTWORX did not disappoint. It was definitely a challenging session, and I distinctly remember laughing at myself as I tried holding Warrior Plank, but I loved it. The coolest part was, even though I worked out hard, I felt amazing afterwards and I was shocked at how less sore I was than a normal workout!
What’s your favorite Isometric posture? Why?
- Extended Ab Twist. When I first showed up to HOTWORX, I couldn’t hold Extended Ab Twist at all. I was lacking the core & hip flexor strength, but I was determined to get there. After consistently showing up, it’s now one of my favorites as it reminds me of my hard work and how strong I can be.
Which Isometric posture is the most difficult for you? Why?
- I think I have to say Boomerang. Hot Pilates is one of my favorite sessions, and this is the hardest one I practice regularly. It requires full body engagement of muscles I didn’t even know I had. It’s so dang challenging!
What has been the most rewarding part of being a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- Being able to share in my passion with the supportive, dedicated, and all-around awesome community that make up HOTWORX. From the corporate folks, to the franchisee’s and the amazing members, it’s been so rewarding to connect, encourage, inspire/be inspired, with folks all across the world and I am really grateful for this opportunity.
Can you share a Fun Fact with us?
- I skipped first grade! Which led me going to college after just turning 17 and always being the youngest during everything growing up.