Sports and fitness have always been a major part of my life growing up. I played Basketball and Tennis and lived for sports. It wasn’t until after having my first child that I started my weight loss and fitness journey and dove into group exercise. I immediately knew fitness was what lit my fire and started collecting fitness certifications and teaching at a franchise gym. I am a level two certified Spin Instructor through Mad Dogg Athletics, MOI Cycle, and Freemotion, an ACE certified Personal Trainer and ACE certified Nutrition Specialist. After about four years of teaching cycle I opened my own cycle studio. I am now a mother of two boys, cycle studio owner, personal trainer, and HOTWORX Virtual Instructor!
What motivated you to become a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- I love owning my own studio but got to a point where I needed a new challenge and to set a new goal. When I heard about HOTWORX I was immediately drawn to the concept and intrigued by the thought of reaching more people. Having gone through my own fitness journey I had certain people that motivated me and were a big part of my journey, and I want to be that person for as many people as I can.
How was your very first HOTWORX session? Describe the experience.
- My first HOTWORX experience was Hot Barre None and Hot Iso and it was incredible. It was a challenge but after the workout I felt so refreshed and energized and I was hooked!
What’s your favorite Isometric posture? Why?
- My favorite Isometric posture is a good old Plank. It always challenges me and I feel it everywhere. I am a huge believer in the importance of core strength and I think it is the best thing to do for core strength.
Which Isometric posture is the most difficult for you? Why?
- The Warrior Plank is by far the most difficult isometric posture for me. It challenges every muscle in your body as well as balance and mental strength.
What has been the most rewarding part of being a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- The most rewarding part of being a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor is to be part of such an incredible company and group of people. I think this concept is going to change the lives of many people and I am so blessed to be a part of it.
Can you share a Fun Fact with us?
- I am a group exercise instructor who is terrified of public speaking! In college I changed my major so I wouldn’t have to take a speech class! I quickly realized if I wanted to follow my passion I would have to get over it and “fake it till I make it.” I have grown tremendously but still get butterflies before every class I teach.