I’m a former track and field sprinter along with a new nationally qualified bikini competitor with a background in science. I am a NASM certified personal trainer with many certifications in the field of exercises. I attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where I got my BA in exercise and sports science and a masters in science. I’ve been thankful enough to remain engaged in the field of sports performance and ways to continue to grow in this career. In my free time, I like to work with the ForevHer TAR HEELS program at UNC-CH, listen to music, and being outside. I’m beginning to expand on the health journey by also providing apparel/access regarding fitness to help on personal knowledge of how to gain access to living a healthier lifestyle.
What motivated you to become a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- What motivated me to become a HOTWORX VI was the ability to reach a number of diverse individuals who value health. I’ve been fortunate to continue in my career within the fitness industry, gaining more experience as time moves forward. Health, wellness, and fitness performance has motivated me more to bring it all to HOTWORX in the pleasure of “ME” (motivating enthusiasm).
How was your very first HOTWORX session? Describe the experience.
- My very first HOTWORX session was exciting because I’ve done “hot” classes in gyms/studios etc. so the concept of actually using the sauna with equipped workout sessions was good. Challenging, pure natural sweat, cursing was all that I experienced initially that first time but well worth the 30 minute and afterburn!
What’s your favorite Isometric posture? Why?
- My favorite isometric posture is the Sumo Squat with heel raise (as low as you can go). This posture is my favorite because I’m all about gaining muscles definition in my glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves. As a former track star and new to bikini competitions, a lot of work comes from physical adherence of the lower extremities, which make a difference for speed and body proportion.
Just ask yourself who wants a bum bum like Kiki?
Which Isometric posture is the most difficult for you? Why?
- The most difficult isometric posture is anything in Hot Bands with use of the blue band. Iso Jab with Uppercut can knock you out like TKO or mortal mom at defeat. I do not like this posture because everything from my arms to upper back is worked out to a level of exhaustion. However, the ability to hold this posture does give me a strenuous measure to fight through and be able to complete the entire session without stopping for any breaks. (what are breaks? lol)
What has been the most rewarding part of being a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- The most rewarding part of becoming a HOTWORX VI is the ongoing love that’s apparent to being a VI. I didn’t know so many HOTWORX franchisees, members, and future members commend us on the expertise of what we as VIs like to do and the experience that carries to the screens too. I like when an individual who is a part of the HOTWORX family is able to communicate their experience/journey through infrared heat and training.
Can you share a Fun Fact with us?
- A fun fact about myself is that can write with my toes...talk about being creative, in addition to the words being very legible too.