Skip to Content

Toxins Love Fat

As a result of exposure to the environment, pollutants bombard our bodies every day. We breathe in toxic substances, we eat them, they invade our skin as we touch them, and we even wear them. These environmental toxins and toxicants pose a serious health risk if left unaddressed as they build up in our fat cells. Some of these ecological pollutants include lead, methane, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, heavy metals, and sulfur dioxides. All of that, yet we continue to do very little to clean up the environment, and most of us have zero strategy to clean the toxic buildup inside of our very own bodies. Case in point, as I write this blog post, the active electric vehicle population in the world represents only an estimated 2-3% of those that are on the road and the rest of the 97% are still polluting the atmosphere on the daily basis. We can’t just wait around for the world population to change its behavior when it comes to our health, we have to do something now to protect ourselves! We all need a detox strategy.

We can sweat it out, work it out and diet out the toxic sludge from our bodies!

One sure fire way to rid our fat cells of toxic substances is through sweat. This is done most efficiently when exercise is combined with infrared energy and heat. Infrared induced sweat has 7x more toxic substances than that of traditional saunas. Proper diet is another means by which toxins are released from the fat cells. “During weight loss, fat breaks down and toxins are discharged into the bloodstream.” (1)

I found this in the newsletter, Science Daily: “Research by Skidmore College exercise scientist Paul Arciero has found that a balanced, protein-pacing, low-calorie diet that includes intermittent fasting not only achieves long-term weight loss, but also helps release toxins in the form of PCBs from the body fat stores, in addition to enhancing heart health and reducing oxidative stress.”

Let’s take a look at where the toxins are stored in your body. Environmental pollutants and other toxins land in fatty tissue. As the blog title indicates, toxic substances love fat cells.

Governments around the globe recognize the buildup of toxic waste in the environment as a worldwide problem for human health. This is why 90 countries signed on to a United Nations treaty in 2001 that is known as the Stockholm Convention. The intention of this convention was to ultimately eliminate the production of POP’s (persistent organic pollutants). A list of the “dirty dozen” chemicals was established to bring to light the toxic effects of POP’s. (2) POP’s are organic lipophilic, or lipid (fat) loving compounds that are resistant to environmental degradation, and continue to exist in the environment.

From the environment, different pollutants influence our health in so many ways. As much as the pollutants affect our skin, they also affect the other internal organs of our body. These environmental pollutants and other toxic chemicals are harmful to the human body. Some of these ecological pollutants are chlorofluorocarbons, lead, methane, carbon monoxide, heavy metals, nitrogen oxides, and sulfur dioxides. The effect of these chemicals on stored fatty tissues (adipose tissues) can result in serious diseases such as obesity. Other hazardous health effects of toxicant sequestration in adipose tissue include: various forms of cancer, digestive issues, fatigue and insomnia, anxiety and depression, skin problems, muscle and joint pain, blood sugar imbalances, bad breath and body odor, fluid retention, brain fog, chronic headaches, menstrual issues, and a host of other problems.

It’s time for a personal detox strategy!

The combination of proper exercise and sweating induced from heat and infrared energy absorption, like that of the HOTWORX 3D training method, can deliver as a way to enhance the body’s daily fight to rid itself of toxic substances.

We should all begin a sustained practice of detox for better health and longevity.


right arrow
stephen smith headshot
Stephen P. Smith, MA
CEO and Creator of HOTWORX, Author, Former National Collegiate Bodybuilding Champion and Arena Football Player, Certified Professional Trainer


Sign up to receive weekly emails:

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.