HOTWORX congratulates franchisees, Jessica Zonker and Daniel Headlee, who were awarded 5 franchise licenses in the Fort Myers-Naples market and recently opened their North Cape Coral, FL studio!
What originally motivated you to consider a business opportunity?
Dan owned eight independent insurance agencies in eight states offering life, health, commercial, and personal insurance and wellness programs through Jessica’s wellness company she founded. At the time we started seriously considering making the investment in HOTWORX, we were changing seasons in our own professional lives, affording us the opportunity to explore how we can turn my passion into helping others in the community. HOTWORX was always at the forefront of that strategy should we take the plunge from insurance to fitness and here we are!
What led you to explore franchising rather than an independent business?
We both owned independent businesses already and with the sale of Dan’s insurance agencies on the horizon, we were looking for a new opportunity to make a difference in our community. After years of not having a manual to operate our businesses, we welcomed the idea of having a playbook, support, and guidance.
What was your initial impression of your first HOTWORX session?
“Wow, I underestimated this workout!” As a long-time runner, I have always had a difficult time finding a workout that I LOVED as much as running. After my 1st session, I knew I was going to have to adjust my workout schedule to make room for HOTWORX. I have always had to “force” myself to do strength training exercises. I can do cardio all day long, but resistance training is boring to me. Not anymore! Within a few short sessions, I was hooked, which was a huge deal for me as I have never been a gym person. I have joined every type of gym - women focused, boutique, big box, invested in personal trainers - and never experienced the feeling of wanting or “needing” to go back for more day after day, like I do with HOTWORX.
How was your experience going through the HOTWORX Discovery Process?
Cynthia was fantastic! She really took us by the hand and led us down the path, making sure we were all on the same page, going the same pace as to not leave any stone unturned when making our decision. When we got to Orientation Day, we were fully informed and ready to commit because we were confident Cynthia had taken her time to make sure this was a win-win and solid partnership for us and HOTWORX.
How would you describe your Orientation Day and meeting the HOTWORX Executive Team?
Refreshing. Three things immediately struck us:
1. HOTWORX is made up of a number of employees who have been with the company in one form or another over the years. Many had started out with the original sister company 20+ years ago. That says a lot about who we are surrounded by.
2. The other new franchise owners on the call were professionals in various stages of life, with different reasons for becoming franchise owners, and the one thing that was consistent was that they all were people I could see myself inviting to my home and sharing dinner with, like-minded people who want to better themselves and provide a service to make the community better. That is who I want to associate with.
3. HOTWORX cares about who is representing the brand. They do their homework and make sure we (potential franchise owners) are all the right fit for the brand to ensure the integrity remains intact. That is the type of organization I want to invest my money and time in because it protects all of our investments.
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs considering the opportunity to franchise with HOTWORX?
When you explore the opportunities they offer, you will get to dig deeper into how HOTWORX was born and all of the dedicated team members who have made it what it is today. You will learn how it makes a difference in the community and how franchise owners can become a success by utilizing the well thought out, perfected process to continue the integrity of the brand they have worked so hard to build.
What are the top 3 reasons you chose to franchise with HOTWORX?
1. I believe in it - It is not hard to sell something you cannot live without yourself.
2. Support - After meeting the team, I feel at ease that this company is dedicated to ensuring I have everything I need to build successful studios.
3. Multiple opportunities - Chance to spread the word about HOTWORX throughout multiple local communities.
What excites you the most in offering HOTWORX to your community?
Hearing the stories of people who will be changed by HOTWORX.
What goals do you plan to accomplish in your first year as a HOTWORX franchisee?
Our goal is to hit the ground running in getting our doors open ASAP, crushing our Presale goals, and having a minimum of 1000 members, which we will accomplish by following the system, committing to all coaching calls, educating the community, and using all of our resources.
How will HOTWORX help you achieve your personal and professional goals?
HOTWORX will help me achieve my professional goals by helping me expand my career accomplishments in the wellness industry. I have owned an independent wellness company and experienced so many wonderful ups (& downs). I am excited to experience another world, the fitness world, in a franchise environment. The support and community of owners and members will shape our experiences, and I cannot wait to learn from all of the people who make HOTWORX possible.
On a personal level, HOTWORX has already changed my life and helped me reach so many of my fitness goals that I never thought I’d see happen in my 40’s. My fitness goals are constantly changing as I reach them. I am looking to the next level and HOTWORX will be there with me, ready to challenge me and take me to the next chapters of my life.