Courtney is currently a middle school math teacher, however she began her career teaching physical education. She received her Bachelor’s Degree from Southern University A & M College, and is now pursuing a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership with University of Louisiana at Monroe. When she is not teaching math classes, she is leading exercise classes. As an AFAA certified group exercise instructor, she enjoys leading high energy HIIT style classes.
What motivated you to become a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- I’ve always loved hot yoga, but HOTWORX allowed me to experience the HOT elements while performing more than just YOGA! I was hooked from my very first session and I wanted to be a part of a company that was creating a new world of exercise.
How was your very first HOTWORX session? Describe the experience.
- My very first session was Hot Buns and it was INTENSE! Initially walking into the 125 degree sauna, I didn’t think I would make it through the entire time, however after a few moves I started to adjust, and at the end my body felt amazing. It was also nice to have a friend in the session to keep me motivated.
What’s your favorite Isometric posture? Why?
- Tree pose will forever be my favorite pose because it truly calms my anxiety and helps me re-center when life gets out of balance.
Which Isometric posture is the most difficult for you? Why?
- SUPER WARRIOR is by far the most challenging posture for me. Balancing on one arm and one leg really causes every muscle in my body to shake. Definitely earning the burn with this one…lol
What has been the most rewarding part of being a HOTWORX Virtual Instructor?
- The most rewarding part of being a HOTWORX VI is being able to be an instructor to people all over the world. It opens the door for you to meet and connect with people you have never met…creating bonds virtually through working out.
Can you share a Fun Fact with us?
- I was a Professional Cheerleader for the MLS Houston Dynamo. DALE DYNAMO!!